We’re breezing through fall, which means winter is right around the corner. Here’s how to get your car ready for winter before the cold weather hits.
- Bring your car in for routine maintenance: Schedule an oil change and tire rotation at Pischke Nissan. While you’re in, ask us to test your battery to ensure it will last through winter. We can also inspect your tire tread and your brakes to ensure you’ll be able to stop in snowy and icy conditions.
- Increase visibility: Check all exterior lights to ensure none have burnt out, and replace windshield wiper blades if they are leaving streaks.
- Test your heater: Before the temperatures drop, make sure your heater and defroster work. If they don’t, schedule an appointment to repair them as soon as possible.
- Replace your windshield washer fluid and switch to antifreeze: Make sure your wiper fluid and your coolant in the radiator can handle winter’s low temperatures.
- Design an emergency kit: You should have an emergency kit in your vehicle year-round, but it is especially important in the winter. It should include batteries, a flashlight, a phone charger, blankets, coats, hats, gloves, flares, an ice scraper, water, food, jumper cables, and some basic tools.
Winter can be rough here in Wisconsin, but we’re here to help make sure your vehicle continues carrying you safely, even if that means you need a new one. We hope to see you soon here at Pischke Nissan.