Wisconsin is the perfect place to live for those who enjoy winter sports, and La Crosse in particular offers a variety of winter activities. Our team at Pischke Nissan loves adventuring in winter around La Crosse, and we put together a list of some of our favorite winter activities in La Crosse.
Skiing is a classic pastime in La Crosse. There are plenty of trails to hit throughout the area, including at Hixon Forest and Veteran’s Memorial Park. Beginners and experts alike can enjoy these trails during the winter months.
Winter Farmers Market
Residents of the La Crosse area can find local, fresh food this season at the Winter Farmers Market in the Myrick Park Center. Listen to live music while you shop for your groceries, and enjoy delicious and healthy foods from local vendors.
If you’re a fan of ATVs and four-wheeling, consider snowmobiling for the winter months in La Crosse. There are over 650 miles of snowmobile trails for you to explore around here.
Pischke Nissan has a variety of winter-ready vehicles that can carry all of your winter sporting equipment. Whether you’re hauling skis and snowboards or driving around to see the holiday lights, visit us at Pischke Nissan to find the perfect vehicle for your lifestyle.
We’re breezing through fall, which means winter is right around the corner. Here’s how to get your car ready for winter before the cold weather hits.
- Bring your car in for routine maintenance: Schedule an oil change and tire rotation at Pischke Nissan. While you’re in, ask us to test your battery to ensure it will last through winter. We can also inspect your tire tread and your brakes to ensure you’ll be able to stop in snowy and icy conditions.
- Increase visibility: Check all exterior lights to ensure none have burnt out, and replace windshield wiper blades if they are leaving streaks.
- Test your heater: Before the temperatures drop, make sure your heater and defroster work. If they don’t, schedule an appointment to repair them as soon as possible.
- Replace your windshield washer fluid and switch to antifreeze: Make sure your wiper fluid and your coolant in the radiator can handle winter’s low temperatures.
- Design an emergency kit: You should have an emergency kit in your vehicle year-round, but it is especially important in the winter. It should include batteries, a flashlight, a phone charger, blankets, coats, hats, gloves, flares, an ice scraper, water, food, jumper cables, and some basic tools.
Winter can be rough here in Wisconsin, but we’re here to help make sure your vehicle continues carrying you safely, even if that means you need a new one. We hope to see you soon here at Pischke Nissan.
The crossover and SUV market continues to grow in the United States because of the versatility, efficiency, style, and power they offer. Nissan offers six unique crossovers and SUVs in its current lineup.
Not sure if a crossover or SUV is right for you? These are just some of the advantages of driving a crossover or SUV:
- Fuel economy: Advances in engine technology have made crossovers and SUVs, particularly the compact models, highly efficient. Some crossovers are even more efficient than sedans of similar sizes. The new Nissan Kicks, for example, achieves up to 36 miles per gallon.*
- All-wheel drive: Most crossovers and SUVs are available, if not standard, with all-wheel drive. This provides increased stability in any kind of road and weather conditions.
- Interior space: Crossovers and SUVs are some of the roomiest vehicles on the market. Even the more compact crossovers boast incredible leg room and head room compared to sedans. Nissan’s largest SUV, the 2018 Nissan Armada, offers up to 171.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity and has unique storage solutions like underfloor storage and an available power liftgate.
- Power: Crossovers and SUVs offer spirited performance on- and off-road. In fact, the Nissan Armada can tow up to 8,500 pounds.
Of course, once you decide to buy a crossover or SUV, you need to decide on which one you want. Come on in to Pischke Nissan, and we will be happy to help you choose.