Wisconsin is the perfect place to live for those who enjoy winter sports, and La Crosse in particular offers a variety of winter activities. Our team at Pischke Nissan loves adventuring in winter around La Crosse, and we put together a list of some of our favorite winter activities in La Crosse.
Skiing is a classic pastime in La Crosse. There are plenty of trails to hit throughout the area, including at Hixon Forest and Veteran’s Memorial Park. Beginners and experts alike can enjoy these trails during the winter months.
Winter Farmers Market
Residents of the La Crosse area can find local, fresh food this season at the Winter Farmers Market in the Myrick Park Center. Listen to live music while you shop for your groceries, and enjoy delicious and healthy foods from local vendors.
If you’re a fan of ATVs and four-wheeling, consider snowmobiling for the winter months in La Crosse. There are over 650 miles of snowmobile trails for you to explore around here.
Pischke Nissan has a variety of winter-ready vehicles that can carry all of your winter sporting equipment. Whether you’re hauling skis and snowboards or driving around to see the holiday lights, visit us at Pischke Nissan to find the perfect vehicle for your lifestyle.
We’re breezing through fall, which means winter is right around the corner. Here’s how to get your car ready for winter before the cold weather hits.
- Bring your car in for routine maintenance: Schedule an oil change and tire rotation at Pischke Nissan. While you’re in, ask us to test your battery to ensure it will last through winter. We can also inspect your tire tread and your brakes to ensure you’ll be able to stop in snowy and icy conditions.
- Increase visibility: Check all exterior lights to ensure none have burnt out, and replace windshield wiper blades if they are leaving streaks.
- Test your heater: Before the temperatures drop, make sure your heater and defroster work. If they don’t, schedule an appointment to repair them as soon as possible.
- Replace your windshield washer fluid and switch to antifreeze: Make sure your wiper fluid and your coolant in the radiator can handle winter’s low temperatures.
- Design an emergency kit: You should have an emergency kit in your vehicle year-round, but it is especially important in the winter. It should include batteries, a flashlight, a phone charger, blankets, coats, hats, gloves, flares, an ice scraper, water, food, jumper cables, and some basic tools.
Winter can be rough here in Wisconsin, but we’re here to help make sure your vehicle continues carrying you safely, even if that means you need a new one. We hope to see you soon here at Pischke Nissan.
There are many benefits to forgoing that new car smell and buying a used vehicle instead, but it’s also important to do it right. With Nissan Certified Pre-Owned, you can buy a new-to-you vehicle without worrying if you’re going to have to spend all the money you just saved on repairs later down the line.
That’s because when you see a Nissan with the CPO sticker on our lot, it means it has a clean CARFAX title history (which will be provided to you) and already passed a 167-point comprehensive vehicle inspection carried out by Nissan Trained Technicians. Furthermore, only vehicles less than six years old and with fewer than 80,000 miles may qualify for the program.
Once a car is Nissan Certified Pre-Owned, buying it comes with a number of perks. You’ll get a factory-backed, 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Warranty that covers the engine, transmission, and drivetrain, and when you bring the car in for service at our Nissan-certified repair facilities, we’ll only use genuine Nissan replacement parts should you need them.
Other perks include 24-hour roadside assistance, a SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio customer trial, and, for covered repairs, towing assistance and rental car reimbursement. In other words, buying Nissan Certified Pre-Owned earns you the savings of buying used but the peace of mind of buying new.
If you are interested, make sure to check out our inventory online, or come visit us in person at Pischke Nissan.