Are you looking for an exciting place to try out the off-roading features of your new Nissan from Pischke Nissan? Our home state has plenty of great places to seek out adventure. Here are four of our favorite off-road parks in Wisconsin:
- Cheese Country
Cheese Country is open year-round, and it’s completely free to thrill seekers. You’ll find the 47-mile Cheese Country Trail System out in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, including Green, Iowa, and Lafayette Counties, about two and a half hours from our dealership.
- Florence County
Florence County is a 5-hour drive north, situated near Michigan’s Upper Peninsula — but the trip is worth it for the area’s natural beauty and, of course, great off-roading trails. This is a great spot for nearly year-round adventure, and it’s completely free. Just keep in mind that the trail closes in April.
- Chippewa County ATV Trails
The Chippewa County ATV Trails are just 2 hours away from our dealership here in La Crosse. This trail system includes 19 miles of hills and valleys. While admission is free, the trail is only open from May 1 through November 15 each year.
- Black River Falls
Like our other three options, Black River Falls is completely free. Located just an hour away, it’s open for summer fun from May 15 to October 15 and winter adventures from December 15 through March 15.
Need to get your Nissan ready to hit the trails? Buy accessories or get service at Pischke Nissan.
Wisconsin is the perfect place to live for those who enjoy winter sports, and La Crosse in particular offers a variety of winter activities. Our team at Pischke Nissan loves adventuring in winter around La Crosse, and we put together a list of some of our favorite winter activities in La Crosse.
Skiing is a classic pastime in La Crosse. There are plenty of trails to hit throughout the area, including at Hixon Forest and Veteran’s Memorial Park. Beginners and experts alike can enjoy these trails during the winter months.
Winter Farmers Market
Residents of the La Crosse area can find local, fresh food this season at the Winter Farmers Market in the Myrick Park Center. Listen to live music while you shop for your groceries, and enjoy delicious and healthy foods from local vendors.
If you’re a fan of ATVs and four-wheeling, consider snowmobiling for the winter months in La Crosse. There are over 650 miles of snowmobile trails for you to explore around here.
Pischke Nissan has a variety of winter-ready vehicles that can carry all of your winter sporting equipment. Whether you’re hauling skis and snowboards or driving around to see the holiday lights, visit us at Pischke Nissan to find the perfect vehicle for your lifestyle.
We’re breezing through fall, which means winter is right around the corner. Here’s how to get your car ready for winter before the cold weather hits.
- Bring your car in for routine maintenance: Schedule an oil change and tire rotation at Pischke Nissan. While you’re in, ask us to test your battery to ensure it will last through winter. We can also inspect your tire tread and your brakes to ensure you’ll be able to stop in snowy and icy conditions.
- Increase visibility: Check all exterior lights to ensure none have burnt out, and replace windshield wiper blades if they are leaving streaks.
- Test your heater: Before the temperatures drop, make sure your heater and defroster work. If they don’t, schedule an appointment to repair them as soon as possible.
- Replace your windshield washer fluid and switch to antifreeze: Make sure your wiper fluid and your coolant in the radiator can handle winter’s low temperatures.
- Design an emergency kit: You should have an emergency kit in your vehicle year-round, but it is especially important in the winter. It should include batteries, a flashlight, a phone charger, blankets, coats, hats, gloves, flares, an ice scraper, water, food, jumper cables, and some basic tools.
Winter can be rough here in Wisconsin, but we’re here to help make sure your vehicle continues carrying you safely, even if that means you need a new one. We hope to see you soon here at Pischke Nissan.